Three Lefts Make a Right

An ongoing conversation between a conservative, right-wing, Christian woman and her liberal, turned-Jew, democrat cousin... who happens to be her best friend in the world.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Intelligent Design

I first heard this phrase on a show on the Discovery Channel or some such cable station. They were talking about some microbe propelled by a corkscrew phlagella or some such biological apparatus. I kept waiting for them to tell me who the intelligent designer of our crazy cellular structures was supposed to be. They never did, so I assumed they were talking about space aliens.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall ever hearing anyone assigning intelligent design to God, so I guess it could be space aliens. Honestly, if people were talking about God, I imagine it would be called Creative Design. "Next up on HGTV, Creative Design with your hosts Debbie Travis and God Almighty."

I might read the Black Box book, but I like to think of the seven days of creation as a story that helps us humans to more easily grasp God's setting into motion the primordial ooze that, through survival of the fittest and free will, has evolved into who we are today - and will become who we are a million years from now.

I love you Julie!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home