Three Lefts Make a Right

An ongoing conversation between a conservative, right-wing, Christian woman and her liberal, turned-Jew, democrat cousin... who happens to be her best friend in the world.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

But could it be...

...that the reason stem cell therapy hasn't proven to be the panacea scientists hypothesize is because they cannot find a government pragmatically broadminded enough to allow testing? When life begins is a very difficult subject. I believe in my heart that life begins at birth, and I am very reassured to know that Jewish law backs me up. I can, therefore, support abortion rights and the crusade for stem cell research without feeling wicked or condemned.

That said...Bringing this debate into a personal, real-life arena where people I love have had miscarriages and still births does give me deep feelings of sorrow for what was lost. I would never tell anyone of these women they did not lose a life. This does not, however, keep me from my support of the above mentioned controversies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home